Vectorworks 2014 – ElementsCAD history
Vectorworks 2014 – ElementsCAD for Vectorworks updates of the last years
ElementsCAD for Vectorworwoks 2014 is constantly developed.
Here you can see the comparsion of the different ElementsCAD-versions (ElementsCAD since version 2010).
Release Notes ElementsCAD 2014 / CAD comparison – ElementsCAD history
- Vertical classification of cupboard-fronts. You can design a cupboard with 2 doors and drawers in the middle. (→ absolve elements)
- Vertical classification of ground-level compartments. It’s new that you can e. g. in a 2-door-cupboart have 2 ground-level compartments on the left and 5 on the right (→ absolve elements).
- Info-panel is tidied up: Info panel shows for an 3D cupboard presetted 5 fields less what gives you an better overview.
- Create cuts: This command creates finished height-cross-frontalcuts out of 3D drawings.
These cuttings are presetted shaded, every board can be individually edited as an 2D polygon.
- New tool: chain-dimensioning
You can dimension your drawing with a few clicks. In settings you are able to define if all cutting-lines or only shaded/ coloured or textured areas shall be considered. Interspaces can be dimensioned automatically.
- New commad 2D – 3D reduce polypoints
You can reduce cusps from 2D- and 3D polygons easy and fast.
- You can set circular gaps for the back board.
Release Notes ElementsCAD 2013 / CAD comparison – ElementsCAD history
- New cupboard-type roof-pitch-cupboard Schranktyp Dachschrägenschrank
with a new field you can bevel a cupboard can be beveld on the left and right e. g. with the intake 200 100 200 100.
- Better 3D Cover function
- The blend adapts automatically to the conture if you have a roof-pitch-furniture.
- New bodytype: miter
- 45° Edgeboards are presetted built: front protrudes from body -> gaps are equal
- New setting „ground floor as traverse“ in the body details. The upper floor is drawn as an traverse.
- New disintergration type for fronts „disintergration in the middle, inserted floor visible“.
- New command „3D object list…“
- The object list is shown as an table and as a text data. The path can be presetted.
- The object list can include cutting-dimensions and final-dimensions.
Release Notes ElementsCAD 2012 / CAD comparsion – ElementsCAD history
In ElementsCAD 2012 e. g. drills of connection components can be shown.
More features of Elements-versions in a CAD-comparison to earlier versions.
Release Notes ElementsCAD 2011 / CAD comparison – ElementsCAD history
|.||There are new parameters for drawers in ElementsCAD for Vectorworks 2011.
Drawers can be free positioned.
Drawers can have individual dimensions.
Inserted floors can have a different thickness or can be completely missing (thickness 0 mm).In the object list all elements are correctly evaluated.
Every element gets its own ID-number, to differenciate similar elements.
|.||For correct object lists, you can add an extra for drawer-front, -side, -back, -ground according to the edge connection.|
In ElementsCAD 2011 all segments can be defined by segment-breadth.
Handles can be positioned for every segment individually.
Typing in the dimensions is repeated in all input boxes automatically:
As soon as you put in e. g. the value „20“ and click the enter key, similar fields will get the same value.
CAD-comparison – ElementsCAD for Vectorworks 2010
Individual profiles can be added to working-boards and lids.
You can add edges to the profiling very uncomplicated.
|In ElementsCAD 2010 sliding doors have been implemented.||Cupboardtypes „ left side continuous“ (left cupboard) or „continuous on the right“ (right body).||New command „combine elements“ makes it possible to combine single lids, sides, grounds or podestals according to your needs.|| A new command creates in ElementsCAD 2010 front- or body-flush slits automatically.
CAD comparison: without ElementsCAD all bodies would have to be created as a deeper body in Vectorworks.
Here the CAD-comparsion of ElementsCAD to other CAD-systems:
Top-advantage CAD compared to Autocad:
– fast editing of parametric objects via info panel
Top-advantage CAD compared to Interiorcad:
– very good cost-performance ratio
Top-advantage CAD compared to OSD Spirit:
– direct editing of many parametric objects via info panel
The CAD comparison of ElementsCAD vs. a „naked“ Vectorworks version
without attachment a indispensable investment.
Summing up the CAD comparison: With ElementsCAD 2012 you have a version, wich is a a great program for working with CNC-data for ElementsCAM.
In older versions of ElementsCAD you couldn’t use drills in a cupboard module.